For this recipe:
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of water (I used Almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of artificial sweetener (I used honey from our hives)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 5 eggs beaten together well
- 1 1/2 cups of flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives (1/8 c. mixed into the batter, the remainder for sprinkling on top)
Topping – remaining 1/8 c. chopped olives, 1 Tbsp each Herb de Provence and dried Rosemary
First pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the Low Carb Bread Ingredients
In a large bowl, pour the flax seed meal, the artificial sweetener (if this is what you’re using), the salt, and the baking powder and mix well.
Add the liquids, oil, water, eggs, (honey) and mix those together well. Let this set for two to three minutes to thicken.
Form the Low Carb Flax Bread
Pour this into a 8″ X 8″ pan coated with cooking oil (I used coconut oil), sprinkle topping onto bread…